Closed back headphones have been dominating the market for quite some time now. Many music lovers prefer open back headphones but getting a hold of them gets quite tricky at times. The earphones not only make it easier for one to listen to the music but thoroughly change the experience of it. Therefore, a lot of care must be taken while deciding between an open back and a closed back headphone. Whether you listen to your music in a quiet area, in public, or while working on a project makes a lot of difference. If you’ve decided the answers of the most critical question including the what, why, and how of the headphones, you’d be able to pick an open back or a closed back one for yourself.
The Apple-owned Beats brand is certainly nothing short of the worldwide phenomenon that owns it. It is undoubtedly a premium brand that sells premium products with indisputable quality. The Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones are the perfect example of a pair of indestructible headphones. They are a costly buy with just a hair under a whopping $300 like any other premium-priced product, but the features and specifications of these beauties certainly justify the steep price. You must think that a flimsy piece of mere plastic must definitely not cost this much but the specs on this beauty make the buy worth it!
Let’s check out a comprehensive review of this product complete with its pros and cons!
AT FIRST GLANCESo, what would you like about the Beats Solo 3? Here are a few of the things we liked and disliked about it. PROS – Incredible wireless performance without any glitches – Comfortable to wear and super light – Amazing sound quality especially when you play modern electronic music CONS – Flimsy construction that is predominantly plastic-rich – Could be better at handling acoustic music – Doesn’t work too well without the presence of an iOS device
FEATURESSo, what is it about the Beats Solo 3 that you would like? We had a look at all that it had to offer, and bring to you its better features that make it worth a try.
1. Excellent Bluetooth performanceThe most fantastic feature of this headphone is its connectivity. The feature is totally automatic on Beats Solo 3. When the headphone is brought near the vicinity of a Bluetooth enabled iPhone, the headphone automatically connects to the iPhone. The connectivity is instant. These are the moments you truly embrace wireless technology. When you connect the headphones to an iPhone, the battery level of the headphones is displayed on the phone. The connectivity is also impressive on Android. There are no breaks or hiccups when it comes to sound, and the quality is also very high.
2. Great battery lifeBeats call their battery charging technology “Fast Fuel.” The battery charging capabilities of this pair of beauty are amazing. It can have playback of 3 hours with just a 5-minute charge. When you first turn on the headphones, you will hear a voice estimate of the battery charge that remains on the headphones. The only gripe with Solo 3 is it still uses a micro USB rather than a USB-C. In the age of USB-C, it is a surprise that Beats didn’t consider employing the latest charging option.
3. Caters to critical music listening, especially the modern electronic musicNot only does Beats Solo 3 look modern but it also sounds modern. The headphones are slightly biased towards contemporary electronic music. So, if you are a fan of acoustic music, then Beats Solo 3 might not suit you well. Beats Solo 3 offers the most pleasure when you are rocking the 21st-century jams and electronic music. There is a certain bass element that kicks in quite nicely.
4. Extreme comfortBeats Solo 3 uses really soft ear pads to give you a really comfortable fit. These headphones are not going to clip your ears as some others do. The cups fit very comfortably on your ears. It actually contributes a lot to the noise canceling properties of Beats Solo 3. The metal rails do extend quite long so that no matter what head shape you have, Beats Solo 3 will find a perfect fit on your head. Even if you go jogging, these headphones are not going to come off. Even though there might be a light pressure you feel in the first few days of use, give it time to adjust, and in a few days’ time, Solo 3 will give you a comfortable fit all day long.
5. High sound qualityThe sound quality doesn’t take a back seat when it comes to Beats Solo 3. The headphones are quite bass loving, and you will feel that once you start to listen to the music, it churns out. The Beats lineup of headphones were never really bad performers when it came to sound quality, and Solo 3 just amplifies it to the next level. The bass is quite heavy, so if you’re not a big fan of heavy bass sounds, you can always adjust it using the equalizer.
6. Good-lookingBeats Solo 3 is made to create a fashion statement. Don’t get us wrong though! They do perform well; they just look awesome while doing it! Beats Solo 3 comes in a host of trendy colors. Even if you own a flashy smartphone, Beats has just the colors to match it! The reason why Beats could experiment with such trendy and flashy colors can be attributed to the plastic build. It just lends a lot of freedom when compared to metallic builds and Beats has exploited this freedom wonderfully. Even if you want to spot a stealth look or a flashy party look, Beats Solo 3 has all the color options that can make it possible.
THE BOTTOM LINE – Should You Go For One?If you have been a fan of what Beats had to offer, you would like this new offering from their stables. It makes all the right noises, and true to its brand, doesn’t just sound great but looks amazing too, making it a great outdoor choice. On the other hand, if you are a music purist, you may not like the Beats Solo 3 much. The tinkering and adjustment means that the raw voice quality is put out and you get a more balanced noise. While that does make for a pleasing effect, it’s not something purists would prefer. Beats has basically taken the much-loved Solo 2 wireless and went on to improve its battery life significantly. The other thing is that it is still quite high priced. If you already own a previous Beats product, especially from the Solo range, you may want to give this one a miss.
Did you know that the U.S. wireless headphones industry is expected to be worth a whopping $5,000,000,000 by the end of 2022. The U.S. and Europe seem to take the major piece of cake when it comes to wireless headphone shipments, but the scenario is going to change in the next few years, with increasing demand in the Asian and African countries. There were more than 368 million wireless headphone sales last year alone. Bose headphones consist of as much as 19% of the sales – and the number if just rising with each passing year. Additionally, newer technologies like noise cancellation and Apple’s Air Pods mean that the wireless headphone market is surely going to get a lot more interesting.
Why Should You Go for a Bose Headphone?If you have tried out the QC series from Bose, you would know that the bass and sound on offer by Bose is something you are sure to fall in love with. Bose has been in the industry for a long time now and is renowned for its headphones with an understated design and nine distinct models. Even though all the headphones of Bose are similar in design, their functionality differs quite a lot. Each headphone and earbud is made of a solid design that is aimed to give the users a complete experience. Hearing aids are crucial devices that enable a person with hearing loss to hear sounds. This device is a lifesaver for all the hearing-disabled people around the world, enabling them to communicate effectively and participate in conversations without any human help or interpreters. Bose came up with the ingenious idea of intermingling the functionalities of a headphone with the practicality of a hearing aid for the people with a high-frequency loss. Let’s dive right in and check out this comprehensive review of the Bose hearing aid headphones with its features and specifications in its entirety!
Existing technology repurposed as hearing aidsThe headphones cum hearing aids or “hearphones” as Bose refers them, are a new and advanced technology in which the users can choose which sound frequencies they wish to block out. This is quite an interesting feature to have in a headphone. Besides being similar to the many noise-cancelling headphones in the market, the hearphones enable users to use Bose headphones as reassembled hearing aids essentially. This implies that people can enjoy the amplified sound of headphones in tandem with serving the purpose of hearing aids. This novel technology resembles a hearing aid while allowing only specific external sounds in as selected by the users.
Bose hearing aids intermingled with headphonesAs advertised by Bose itself, the Bose hearing aid headphones let the users “listen to the world their way.” These “hearphones” let you hear all kinds of ambient sounds in the place you’re at while effectively offering you the choice to block the rest of the noise or background noise you deem unnecessary or distracting.
Features of Bose hearing aid headphonesThe Bose hearing aid cum headphones are endowed with some of the interesting features.
- It has one of the best Bluetooth Connectivity which makes it stand out
- If you charge it once, you can use it all through the day
- You can hear the music in the background and listen to the conversations around you at the same time.
- With one tap, you can even take phone calls on it
- You need to install the Bose Hear App in order to use them
- You can set the mode and volume directly on the headphone
- You need the App to tune the “mode” functionality
- You need to tune each mode to get the perfect sound for yourself
Who qualifies for Bose’s headphones come hearing aids?People who have a mild or moderate problem with hearing especially the sounds with high frequency are the ones who would enjoy using these headphones cum hearing aids. People who make the volume of their television too loud or have the urge to increase the volume of the radio for clarity in listening can have a better experience with the help of these “hearphones.” Of course, it can be a great asset for people who have perfect hearing abilities because of its interesting feature of selective noise cancellation. What more do you want from your headphone? You can choose to listen to the world in own your way!
Best solution for those who might not necessarily be deafIt is a great solution for people who have a hard time listening to minute sounds. This headphone can enhance the hearing of the minutest sounds around you and cancel the unimportant sounds that help in enhancing the quality of listening and clarity. These “hearphones” are great for people who are not suffering from the extreme loss of hearing. They can just use them instead of the hearing devices and experience the difference.
Should You Go For It?Bose hearing aid headphones are definitely an incredible advancement in technology and a great solution for not just hearing-impaired people but also those with a high-frequency loss (mild to moderate). After all considerations, they are definitely worth a try – and with the range of offerings they have, you can find one that suits your budget well.
With more desktops being replaced by their portable counterparts, you might wonder if you should make your laptop your primary device too. Do laptops give a good battery life to help you power through the day? How can you increase the longevity of these machines? Let us find out.
LAPTOPS VS DESKTOPS:Here is what you need to ask yourself – do you need more bang for your buck in terms of price for performance or do you need the portability?
Desktops are traditionally known for the former – their reliability.Laptops have traditionally been more portable. Desktops typically have a lifespan of about twice that of laptops and win the reliability test. Yet, things have changed in the last few years. Laptops are today as reliable and powerful as your desktop could be, and many come with a 3 year extended warranty plan that has got you covered.
Why Do You Need to Take Care of Your Laptop’s Battery?Here is the thing – each component of your laptop, including the processor and the hard disk, give out heat when in operation. In a small size as a laptop, this heat becomes a serious concern. With rising temperatures, the fan has to speed up as or else the electronic components can stop functioning. Additionally, constantly running your laptop with excessive heat can cause expansion of metal components leading to sudden shutdowns. It could also cause the tiny metal contacts in circuits to break.
How Do You Make Your Laptop Last Longer? Step By Step InstructionsHere are some of the things that you can do to make your laptop last longer.
1. Take Care of Your LaptopDo not use place your laptops over wool and cloth or any form of insulation. Make sure nothing covers the cooling vents of your laptop.
What can you do?Avoid using your laptops for long stretches of time. If you must use it, consider investing in a cheap cooling pad. They are pads which connect to the USB ports of your laptop to provide additional cooling.
2. Clean Your Laptop to Get rid of Dust and DirtYou need to be mindful of the damage caused by dust seeping into the laptop. Dust can block cooling vents and heat up your laptop. It can also cause the contacts under the keyboard to fail and may result in intermittent keyboard functioning. If the fan gets blocked, it can prevent efficient cooling.
What can you do?Make sure you clean your laptop regularly. Dust them from time to time, particularly the vents. If you can, try investing in a cheap vacuum cleaner designed for laptops.
3. Work On Your Handling of the LaptopMake sure you handle your laptop with care. Shocks and knocks can cause problems internally as much as it can externally. Keeping it away from liquids and food can go a long way in the lifetime of the laptop. Make sure it is away from any form of moisture and do not drop it.
What can you do?The standard bag your laptop comes in may get the job done but to be absolutely sure, it wouldn’t hurt to go the extra mile in buying a special bag for your laptop with padding so it becomes shock resistant in case you drop it.
3. Look for Efficient Battery Care:Laptop batteries will be the first things that need replacing in the long run as they continue to charge and discharge. If you will be traveling or not using the laptop for long, it is a good idea to charge the batteries to about 60%. Then, remove it to store it in a cool place. Never leave a battery completely discharged for a long time as this may render them inoperable.
What can you do?Try to save up charge by not stressing your laptop. This will ensure you don’t use much charge and discharge cycles up and will significantly increase the life of the battery. Turn off the wireless devices of your laptop like Bluetooth and WiFi if you are not using them. Remove unnecessary USB connections that draw power from your laptop when it’s running on battery. Also, try installing power optimization programs. Applications like Battery Optimizer by ReviverSoft can go a long way in giving you that extra mile of a charge.
4. Go for Scheduled Periodic Maintenance:Much like a car, your laptop consists of many individual components that keep everything going the way its supposed to. So it is only right that you maintain it the way it is supposed to. Make it a point to run inbuilt programs like disk defragmenter and disk cleanup.
What can you do?Check for disk errors at least once a month. Invest and install a good antivirus solution and have the application check for updates and scan periodically for viruses.
5. Upgrade RAM:You need to look at optimizing the laptop’s performance to get the best results from your battery. Upgrading the RAM, for instance, will go a long way in increasing the life of your laptop. Not only will it increase the performance but also will help you conserve power. When your laptop runs out of RAM, it will run off the hard disk by using swap files which are more powerful and time-consuming.
What can you do?Upgrading RAM ensures your laptop will have a long way to go before it has to use the swap file. However, this isn’t a viable solution for all laptops as some have their RAMs soldered onto the board and will have no way to upgrade it. Check with a nearby service outlet to see if your RAM can be upgraded. Get the optimum battery performance for your laptop. Following these simple steps can go a long way in increasing the lifespan and the longevity of your laptop. Sure laptops need a little bit of care but that’s a small price to pay when you get the portability they offer.